I am a licensed psychology associate in private practice, providing individual, couples, and group psychotherapy under the licensed supervision of Claudia Salazar, Psy.D. (PSY1000567) at Claudia Salazar and Associates, and Dana Harron, Psy.D. (PSY1000898) at Monarch Wellness. I specialize in treatment resistant depression and anxiety, medically unexplained physical symptoms, severe interpersonal problems, and parenting difficulties.
I am available to provide presentations to medical specialists, psychotherapists, and psychotherapy training programs on Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy and/or differential diagnosis of somatization.
I am a graduate of The George Washington University Professional Psychology Program, and I completed an APA-accredited predoctoral internship in the Counseling Center at University of Maryland, Baltimore County. I am certified in Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) by the Washington School of Psychiatry where I serve as Guest Faculty. I also lead the reading group in ISTDP at the Washington School.
- Therapy: Individual therapy, including extended and block sessions
- Age groups: 14+
- Languages spoken: English
- Training and/or supervision offered:
I am Guest Faculty at the Washington School of Psychiatry ISTDP program. I am also available as a consultant for licensed clinicians.
Training & Experience:
- Professional degree: Psy.D.
- Professional degree earned in: 2015
- In practice since: 2015
- Number of years of EDT Training: 4
- Practicing EDT since: 2012
- IEDTA certification: 3-year Certificate Program in ISTDP at the Washington School of Psychiatry
- Licensing authority authorizing practice:
District of Columbia Department of Health
- License or certificate: PSYA00046
Maury Joseph, Psy.D.
Claudia Salazar & Associates
4601 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite #20
Washington DC 20008 USA
Other location information:
1555 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite #500
Washington DC, 20036
Website title: Claudia Salazar & Associates, About Dr. Maury Joseph
Website URL: http://drclaudiasalazar.com/about-maury/
Please do not send any specific patient-identifying information through email.