Special Interests: Trauma (complex and PTSD); mourning; “drama of the gifted child” issues; problems with intimacy; problems with emotional detachment.
- Therapy: I mostly work with individuals, though occasionally I will see couples in therapy.
- Age groups: 18 and older
- Languages spoken: English, French
- Training and/or supervision offered:
I offer a variety of training experiences in the model of STDP I developed which is called AEDP (Accelerated Experiential-Dynamic Psychotherapy), including workshops, presentations at different conferences, a yearly 5-day immersion course which is offered during the summer in NYC, as well as Core Training supervisory experiences. I am the co-leader of four Core Training groups: NYC Core Training (where I do four weekend blocks of supervision and Dr. Ferruccio Osimo does one), 2 Core Training Italiano in Milano (where Dr. Osimo does 4 weekend blocks, and I do one block); and SF Core Training in AEDP (where Dr. Ron Frederick does 4 weekend blocks, and I do one). AEDP is described at length in my book entitled "The Transforming Power of Affect" (Basic Books, 2000)
Training & Experience:
- Post-degree professional training:
3 years of Core Training with Habib Davanloo (1985-1988) + countless learning from contact with colleagues and trainees at conferences, courses and training groups.
- Number of years of EDT Training: 3+ (+ countless learning from contact with colleagues and trainees at conferences, courses and training groups, and from presenting to diverse audiences)
- Licensing authority authorizing practice:
New York State
- License or certificate: 007562-1 (New York State Psychology License)
Diana Fosha, PhD
80 University Place
New York NY 10003 USA
Telephone: (212) 645-8465
Fax: (718) 899-2218
Please do not send any specific patient-identifying information through email.