I am a psychiatrist in full-time private practice in Newport Beach, California. I trained with Habib Davanloo, M.D. from 1988 through 1993, and established with my Davanloo-trained colleagues the California Institute for Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy in 1990. I am also a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine.
I was an associate editor of the International Journal of Short-Term Dynamic Therapy from 6/1990 to 6/1995.
My areas of special interest and exepertise in addition to ISTDP include anxiety/panic/and phobic disorders, mood disorders, personality disorders, and clinical hypnosis.
- Therapy: Individuals and couples
- Age groups: Commencing at age 14
- Languages spoken: English
- Training and/or supervision offered:
Training and clinical supervision in ISTDP and psychoanalytic psychotherapy
Training & Experience:
- Professional degree: M.D.
- Professional degree earned in: 1972
- Post-degree professional training:
1988-1993 with Habib Davanloo, M.D. in ISTDP
- In practice since: 1977
- Number of years of EDT Training: 5 with Habib Davanloo and 25 years subsequently with ISTDP trained colleagues
- Practicing EDT since: ISTDP since 1988
- IEDTA certification: see above
- Licensing authority authorizing practice:
The Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California
- License or certificate: C37294
Douglas G. Kahn, M.D., D.L.F.A.P.A.
20101 Birch Street, Suite 100
Newport Beach CA 92660 &l