I am a Clinical Psychologist, chartered member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC; Registration Number: PYL35936). I work in the National Health Service (NHS) as well as in private practice and I have a particular interest in non-epileptic seizures. I am a Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT) practitioner as well as an associate member of the Institute of Group Analysis. I have also undertaken Psychodynamic Psychotherapy training through the Tavistock and Portman Clinic in London.
I became interested in ISTDP a few years ago due to its precision and clarity in working with attachment trauma and emotional neglect. Since 2018 I offer block ISTDP therapy sessions at different frequency and intensity.
- Therapy: Groups & Individuals
- Age groups: Adult (+16)
- Languages spoken: Spanish, English, Italian
- Training and/or supervision offered:
ISTDP and MBT Informed Supervision
Training & Experience:
- Professional degree: Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Professional degree earned in: 2018
- Post-degree professional training:
HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist
- In practice since: 2018
- Number of years of EDT Training: 3
- IEDTA certification: Undertaking 3 years Core Training ISTDP-UK (2017-2020)
- Licensing authority authorizing practice:
Health and Care Professions Council-HCPC UK
- License or certificate: PYL35936
Dr Javier Malda Castillo, DClinpsy
Liverpool Merseyside L18 United Kingdom
Other location information:
Some clinical work conducted in Manchester
Website URL: http://www.drjaviermaldacastillo.com
Please do not send any specific patient-identifying information through email.