Kim has been working as a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) since 2006. She offers a compassionate, grounded, and collaborative approach to help facilitate positive change. She aims to practice in a way that is safe, knowledgeable, emotionally engaged, direct, and intuitive. She is constantly learning.
Kim welcomes and respects the many complex and distinct cultural, relational, sexual, religious, spiritual, and racialized identities and experiences of the people she works with. Kim believes she’s able to offer better service to people she works with because she’s done a lot of her own personal therapy work. Kim works with adults (age 20 & up) and she includes the evidence-based approach of Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) with everyone she works with. The majority of people Kim works with are seeking recovery and healing from Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD), anxiety, and/or depression, and difficulties in relationships.
- Therapy: Individuals
- Age groups: 20 and up
- Languages spoken: English
Training & Experience:
- Professional degree: BA Cultural Anthropology & MEd Counselling Psychology
- Professional degree earned in: 2004
- Post-degree professional training:
EMDR, Gottman, Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples, & various ISTDP trainings
- In practice since: 2006
- Number of years of EDT Training: 5
- Practicing EDT since: 2017
- IEDTA certification: Currently completing Year 3 of 3 of ISTDP Core Training with Abbass & Town
- Licensing authority authorizing practice:
- License or certificate: RCC #2807
202 - 1651 Commercial Drive
Vancouver BC V5L 2S8 Canada
Website URL: https://positivechangecounselling.com/
Please do not send any specific patient-identifying information through email.