Dr. Matthew Jarvinen is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP). He has completed IEDTA-certified core training with Jon Frederickson and has received additional supervision from Allan Abbass, Robert Neborsky, Patricia Coughlin, Josette ten Have-de Labije, and Steve Shapiro. He also founded the ISTDP San Diego Community with Tami Chelew, which hosts regular trainings in ISTDP. He currently works in private practice in Encinitas, CA and supervises three unlicensed therapists. His clinical specialties including trauma, addiction, and spirituality, including integrating ISTDP with research on Attachment to God.
- Therapy: Individuals, Couples, Families
- Age groups: 10+
- Languages spoken: English
- Training and/or supervision offered:
Co-Founder ISTDP San Diego Community (with Tami Chelew), individual consultation/supervision
Training & Experience:
- Professional degree: PhD
- Professional degree earned in: 2016
- Post-degree professional training:
Core training, advanced training, individual supervision, group supervision, providing consultation/supervision, attending/hosting trainings, offering trainings.
- In practice since: 2015
- Number of years of EDT Training: 7
- Practicing EDT since: 2015
- IEDTA certification: Graduate of IEDTA-certified core training
- Licensing authority authorizing practice:
Board of Psychology, California, USA
- License or certificate: 29459
Matthew Jarvinen, Ph.D.
169 Saxony Rd. Suite #205
Encinitas CA 92024 United States
Website URL: http://www.drjarvinen.com
Please do not send any specific patient-identifying information through email.