Dr. Nima Ghorbani’s Core Training Program provides an opportunity to learn the theoretical, technical, and relational application of ISTDP in a structured training program that emphasizes attuned and dialogical teaching and the achievement of mastery through disciplined practice in and out of the training sessions.
Dr. Nima Ghorbani will help trainees understand and master the authentic therapeutic relationship and techniques of ISTDP necessary to help patients turn against their reliance on unconscious self-defeating patterns that maintain their symptoms, and connect with their heart of genuine feelings as an internal compass to develop peace and to flourish potentials. Clinicians in training will learn how to mobilize a patient’s deep motivation for healing.
Program Name: Core Training in ISTDP with Nima GhorbaniLocation(s):
Washington, DC, USA
Online with Zoom
CE Credits: N/A
Contact Information for Registration
Web site: http://www.nimaghorbani.com
Responsible for Training
Lead trainer: Nima Ghorbani
Who Should Attend
All licensed mental health professionals are eligible, including Psychologists, Psychiatrist, Social Workers, Physicians
IEDTA Certified: YES
Format of Training
The core group is between 7-15 participants, four times per year for three consecutive years. Core training includes presentations on theory and technique, readings, PowerPoints, role-playing, and group supervision. Each member of the group must show a videotape of their therapy work during each training session. The supervision focuses on both technical and personal issues related to the rules and principles of a therapeutic relationship in ISTDP. The training is offered in both Persian and English.
Four times per year for three consecutive years, each time around full three days
Trainees learn how to:
1. Develop their ability to psycho-diagnose patients' responses (triangular of conflict and triangular of persons)
2. Mobilize internal motivation for healing and core emotions
3. Regulate patient's anxiety when it interferes with the patient's functioning in and out of the therapy session
4. Deactivate maladaptive and self-defeating defenses
5. Develop moment-to-moment observation skills and clinical reflective awareness about the therapeutic relationship
6. Develop skills and the capacity to work with the patient's defensive reactions and feelings within the therapeutic relationship
7. Develop the capacity to bear the professional intimacy of the therapeutic relationship
US $ 950.00Refund Policy:
Payment due for at least two following meetings. No refunds.