- Certified APT™-Master Class
- Certified APT™-Core Training
- Certified APT™-Consultations
- Certified APT™-Webinars
Contact information for registration.
Certified APT™-Core Training
Lead Trainer: Kristin A. R. Osborn
in person: Skånegatan 97 Stockholm, Sweden
or online (virtual conference)
#CE credits offered: N/A
IEDTA Certified: Yes, APT
Other Trainers: Jenny Svebeck
Target Audience: Licensed mental health professionals, graduate students from accredited universities with supervision at their training site. All students must submit:
- a CV and 3 references, as well as,
- proof of license and
- malpractice insurance.
Cost: $3,500.00 per year
Refund Policy: Payment due in full. No refunds.
Overall Learning Objectives
Trainees learn how to assess and treat emotional conflicts as described in Treating Affect Phobia: A Manual (McCullough, et al, 2003). In the process of their training, trainees develop the ability to work with Malan’s Two Triangles (Malan, 1979), and master the fine art of assessment: differentiating between adaptive and maladaptive feelings and creating a working core conflict formulation. Trainees also learn how to help clients with anxiety regulation, restructuring defenses, and affect exposures.
As foundational objectives are mastered, more advanced elements of the model are introduced. Particular emphasis is placed on the importance of practice, the ability to accept and use constructive feedback, and the ability to identify and work with internal feelings, as well as, the ability to make a thorough assessment, create treatment plans, and prepare for termination.
Research is an integral part of this program and students are trained to use the Achievement of Therapeutic Objectives Scale (ATOS) and the Achievement of Therapeutic Objectives Scale-Therapist (ATOS-Therapist) to code ten-minute segments of psychotherapy sessions.
- How to assess what feelings your client has access to or not
- How to understand family/system patterns and their relationship with avoided feelings
- How to identify each pole of the Triangle of Conflict and Triangle of Person
- How to assess your own emotional conflicts
- How to collaborate with your client and create a working core conflict formulation using the Triangle of Conflict and Triangle of Person
- Learn both the timing and application of therapeutic interventions
- How to identify the type, intensity and level of anxiety discharge
- How to know when to increase, explore, or regulate anxiety
- How to help your clients see their defenses, understand where they originate from, and recognize their cost and benefits
- Learn how to help your client increase their motivation to let go of their defenses
- Learn how to cultivate a strong working alliance with your client
- Lean how to work with complex and fragile cases
- Learn how to help your client cultivate self-compassion, self-awareness, and commitment to self-care
- Learn how to help your client experience and integrate their previously avoided feelings (grief, sadness, anger, rage, positive feelings of the self, guilt, and intimacy)
- Learn how to help your client increase their overall sense of self
- Learn how to help your client increase their awareness and understanding of others
- Learn how to help your client be able to ‘give and receive’ within a healthy relationship
- Learn how to help your client create their own ‘deliberate practice’ plan
- Learn how to create your own ‘deliberate practice’ plan
- Learn how to code video segments of psychotherapy by using scales like ATOS and ATOS-Therapist
Contact information for registration
Name: Lori Cogliano, assistant to Kristin Osborn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Name: Certified APT™- Core Training with Kristin Osborn