Please note that applications for certification for Teachers and Supervisors is temporarily paused while processes are being reviewed. Information will follow about when applications will be resumed
IEDTA-certified teachers and IEDTA-certified supervisors must meet the criteria listed below; the supervisor requirements are more rigorous than those for teacher. At this time, there is no certification of training programs for teachers and supervisors. For information about the IEDTA’s certification process and its limitations, please see the IEDTA Certification page.
Click here to view IEDTA-Certified Teachers and Supervisors.
Teachers and Supervisors are expected to remain updated about all EDT therapeutic models within the IEDTA. Certification of teachers and/or supervisors is not life-long; it will be subject to periodic re-evaluation. We promote continuing education among all IEDTA members. In order to achieve this, the IEDTA recommends that teachers and supervisors attend the IEDTA international conferences at least once every four years. The IEDTA also suggests that teachers and supervisors participate in at least 3 days of training every 4 years as students of other IEDTA-certified teachers or supervisors.
There is a one-time application fee of USD $50 for teacher or supervisor certification.
For information about “grandparenting,” that is, certification arrangements for those whose training took place before the certification criteria were established, please contact the Education Committee.
Minimal requirements to become an IEDTA certified EDT teacher
An IEDTA Certified Teacher has completed the following criteria.
- must be a licensed/registered professional, working in the (mental) health sector
- must have accomplished one of the specified core training programs (ISTDP, APT, IEDP), accredited by the IEDTA
- must have had audiovisual supervision of at least 9 patients and must have given account to the supervisor(s) of the initial assessment, the treatment plan, goals, therapy process, end results of these 9 patients
- must have worked minimally 10 hours per week with patient contacts during at least 2 years prior to his request for accreditation
- must have written an article or must have given an audiovisual presentation at a national or international symposium/workshop/cours/conference
- must have a recommendation of at least one supervisor
Minimal requirements to become an IEDTA certified EDT supervisor
An IEDTA Certified EDT supervisor has completed the following criteria.
- must fulfill the criteria for accredited EDT teacher
- must have assisted in a core group under guidance of an accredited EDT supervisor (duration 3 years)
- must have given supervision to members of a core group. These supervisions must be audiovisually recorded and must have been supervised by an accredited EDT supervisor
- the assistance and supervision (above) may have taken place in the same period (duration 3 years)
If you have questions or comments, please contact the Education Committee.